Thursday, June 9, 2011

Going to the Sixth Grade

Don't you remember when you graduated from 5th to the sixth or just when ever you started that grade?  I lived in California at that time at Ft. Irwine,my Dad was in the Army I was in the sixth grade. Out in the Dessert my passion was swimming.  I was good at swimming,I could go across the great big pool under water I had good lungs at the time. But I was on a swimming team going all around California swimming.  I did very good,  won lots of blue,white or red ribbons mostly blue I was a good swimmer. But I have no ideal what happen to all those ribbons wished I had them now. 


Yesterday,I went over to my daughters house and Brooke had her ribbons and trophies all laid out neatly on her pool table so proud of them all. She has them because of Softball ,Cheer leading, doing good in school like being on the A honor roll and more...I told her to safe guard them don't loose them so she can show her kids all the hard work she has done to get all her rewards. Lexi ,Brooke and Caitlyn have lots of trophies for the things they have done so far in their young lives.  But their Mom and Dads also have been the ones to back them up in all they have done.  But now the name of the title is going to the sixth grade, I am writing this because her Grandpa and I went to her 5th grade graduation.  The kids where all dressed up in some of the cutes dresses and the boys where very neat. The thing is I would like for her to try and remember some of her young life. So here I am  snapping my camera every 5 min. or so trying to get every detail.  Her Mom does a good job at making sure they have things to remember in their child hood days.  She makes real paper back books for them and they together do scrap booking. I wished I would of done those kinds of things for my kids but at the time,all they got was a baby book. We  just never heard of it like macrame or pottery but I am proud of my kids because they put their kids above every thing.  I have noticed that my Niece DB is doing the same thing making sure her girl has a good child hood and does scrap booking with great pictures. Any way Roy and I have lots more graduations to go to and looking forward to all of them.

2 comments:

  1. I cant believe how grown up the girls are. Sixth grade, wow! You and Roy look great. My girls had so many awards, ribbons, and trophies. Summer wants to make a quilt out of them one day. We threw away three or four boxes of trophies of all sizes when the girls got married. They didn't want them and we had no room to store them. DB is really good at scrap booking. She has scrap booked baby girls entire life. I hope she continues as long as she can. Tell Brooke we are very proud of her and congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when I was in the 6th grade & took swimming lessons. It was horrific! I, like all the other students, had to jump off a very high level (about 15 ft.)diving board into the pool. I would not do it. I was so scared. To this day I will not jump off a diving board..lololo
    I know you all are very proud of Brook & all your grandchildren...as well as all your children. I love the pictures. Both Lexi & Brook have grown so much. I think Brook looks a bit like her Aunt Marje..lololo But, don't tell her that.
    CONGRATULATIONS BROOK! Keep up the great work.
    lv,
    marje
    (2retirednewmans.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete